Marbling Ink – (Set of 6)
Set of 6 marbling inks in bright colours. Sufficient for class or group.
(See below for a handy guide on how to use marbling inks)
1 In Stock
Set of 6 marbling inks in bright colours. Sufficient for class or group. Works on water with easy clean-up. Great results for little effort.
Guide to using marbling inks:
1. Always use suitable aprons or old clothing. Inks stain easily. Treat stains with neat washing up liquid. Cover work areas and surfaces also.
2. Use a tray larger than the paper to be marbled. Fill to a depth of 3cm (1 inch) with water.
3. Prime the surface of the water with a drop of marbling ink. Remove with a scrap of paper. You are ready to start.
4. Using the bottles of coloured ink, drop 1 or 2 drops of ink onto the surface of the water. Several colours can be used together. Use between 2 to 5 colours for best results. Allow colours to spread over the full surface of the water.
5. Blow or comb the surface of the water to create interesting patterns or designs.
6. Place a clean piece of paper on to the patterned, inky surface of the water and lift off again to “lift” the pattern onto the paper. A couple of “lifts” can be achieved with one application of inks.
7. Remove excess ink from the surface of the water and start again for the next print.
8. Allow papers to dry flat if possible.